Things to Remember when Travelling Viet Nam:
- It's in your best interests not to drink the tap water, especially after flooding !
- Avoid cyclo rides after dark .
- Dress modestly and appropriately when visiting local dwelling and religious sites ,...
- Leave your valuables behind before a night out on the town or going the beach .
- when crossing the road-especially in Ho Chi Minh -Always Keep looking to the left and right and walk slowly .
- Don't offer money directly to minority people - instead donate to a local charity or offer a small gift such as :pen...
- Hower frustrated, don't loose your temper ( "loosing Face"), as you won't get you very far.
- By all means ,sample the delicious street foot but for hygiene's sake only at venues that are busy with a big turnover.
- Always ask permission first before taking photographs, especially in minority areas.
|Photo : From Bandovietnamkholon .com|
Things not to miss :
- Sleeping out on deck on a boat in Ha Long Bay tour
- Ordering custom-made clothes from the local tailor shop.
- Taking a slow cyclo ride through the French Quarter of Old Sai Gon or Ha Noi .
- Eat "phở bò " (beef noodle soup ) at a street .
- watch the traditional water-puppet performance in Ha Noi
- Experience th Full-Moon festivities in the ancient town of Hoi An.
- Drink rice-wine in the monority villages in the north.
- Take a boat a long Hue's Perfume River , taking in the Royal Mausoleums
- Overnight in a homestay in the MeKong Delta's riverside orchard.
- Barter for bargain at Saigon's largest Market .
- Take a stroll through HaNoi's ancient Old quarter.
- Climbing Fansipan By cable car.