- Time : 1st, 2nd on Tet Holiday
- Place : In house of the Head of family
- Specific characteristics : Taking bath for ancestors statue , Jumping into a trance,hunting , doing shadow boxing , catching tortoise , doing some magic .
2 "Gau tao " festival of Mong people
- Time : from January 3rd to 5th
- Place : the hill hear the village
- praying for a child , for heath ,singing " chu gau tao " , shooting match, crossbow shooting match , pan-pipe dancing ....
3 Long Tong festival of Tay people - Van Ban district
- Time : on Dragon day of January
- Place : field area near the village
- Praying for bumper crop , throwing con , tug of war,cock-fighting by banana inflorescense , buffalo fight by Vau bamboo, sword dancing...
4 "Long Tong" festival of Tay people in Tai Chai - Bac Ha
- Time : on January 15th
- Place : field area near th forbidden forest
- Praying for bumper crop , throwing con ,fairy swing, spread grace interchange....
5 "Roong Pooc " festival of Giay People in Ta van village - Sapa
- Time : on Dragon day on January
- Place on separate field
- Praying for bumper crop, worshiping the village , playing games as tug of war , throwing con , setting village regulation , "giao duyen" singing .
6 "Roong Pooc " festival of Giay people in Ta Phoi - Cam Duong
- Time : on dragon day , january
- Place : large field near village
- Praying for bumper crop, throwing con , tug of war , danh en
7 "Dinh " festival of Tay - Bao yen
- Time : January 6th
- Worship mountain God , offering black pig , throwing con " giao duyen " singing
8 "Choi Hang " festival of the Thai , The Tay in Khanh Yen cave - Van Ban district
- Time : three days from january 5th to january 8th
- Place : in and out of Khanh Yen cave
- Giao duyen singing , having heart of heart with each other .
9 Festival of Lao Nhai village temple, Lao cai city
- Time : three days from January 11th to January 13th
- Time : at the temple where worship Mau and Thien hau Nuong Nuong and the area of river bank.
- Greeting the Holy Mother and Thien Hau Nuong Nuong across street to Coc Leu bridge , offering on 12th and thanking ceremony on 13th , rice cook competion , praying for thriving business .
10 Forrest worship festival of the Nung in Muong Khuong :
- Time : January 30th
- Place : the village's forbidden forrest
- Worship two ancient trees " Father tree and mother tree " food offerings with special tray : "country tray " -worship the people who scrifice their life for protecting the country and a tray worshiping the people who protect the village , Festival of Playing games. Leng hao match , Lan co singing , wood chess playing , swimming .....
Continue part 2 ......
Source : collected from Lao Cai - New opportunities Magazine